Monday, September 17, 2007

YUT-C this weekend

What is YUT-C?

Its the Youngstown Ultra Trail - Classic 50km race, taking place this Saturday morning at Mill Creek Park.

I'm not running this year, but I have to put in a good word for the work of the Northeast Ohio Trail Club (aka NEO Trail.) Now in its 3rd year, YUT-C has earned a reputation for a fun, scenic, and challenging trail run. All within an urban park. The course is a good mix of dirt and rocky trails, with a couple short road sections. Difficulty-wise, race times indicate that YUT-C is equal to, or a bit tougher than BT50km. With only two years of history behind it, no doubt that this weekend's race will bring new records.

Click here for my race report from last year's YUT-C.

This week is the notable anniversary of blogger E-speed as last year's YUT-C 50km was the site of her first ultra. In the year since then, she's caught the ultra bug and has run some impressive times at races such as JFK 50 Mile, Buckeye Trail 50km, and the Groundhog 50km. Well done, E-speed!

I'm heading down the homestretch towards my goal marathon now less than three weeks away. After diligent marathon-specific training over the summer, I've once again concluded that road marathoning is harder on the body than is trail ultrarunning. Only a few more weeks to go and after the marathon the plan is to get dirty as often as possible.

I'm signed up for no other races than Steamtown. As the ideas come to me, I'll add to the sidebar.

Good luck, YUT-C'ers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Thanks Lloyd! Too bad you won't be out this weekend! I've been looking forward to this 50K!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Wish you could be at YUT-C!
Good luck at Steamtown!

12:44 AM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

Good luck at Steamtown Lloyd! You are going to rock it! I would like to do that one in the future for sure.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home