Tuesday, September 04, 2007

What now?

53 miles last week. A long run. A tempo run. Easy runs. Blah, blah, blah.

Is this what this blog has come to, a boring weekly run log?

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to train and coach others to race the marathon. Its my current running passion and we're but 4 weeks away. We're getting close to peaking, and I'm excited to see how the group prevails. Race day looms.

Yesterday I ran the Buckeye Trail from Ottawa Point and its been some time. It suddenly dawned on me how much I already miss the adventure of the trails and of ultramarathons. I've committed to racing a marathon in October, and I'm wondering now if I can run the YUT-C 50km without compromising my goal marathon race two weeks later.

Reflecting back, this time last year I was dreaming of running further than ever before. As training for the 12 hour run, in the month of September I ran four races of marathon or longer. This weekend is the anniversary of the back-to-back runs at Punxsatawney 50km and Erie Marathon--both fine races that I wish to run again someday.

I'm just not in the same space that I was at this time last year. Nothing wrong with that, I suppose. But I admit I'm somewhat missing the adventure that ultras have provided to my life.

The good news is that this weekend is the Dances with Dirt 100km relay. Looking forward to getting dirty with my team.

Come October, if the marathon goes well, I've been talking up the Presque Isle 12 hour again. I'm not sure what kind of shape I will be in, compared to last year, but perhaps the 12 hour is just the type of adventure I need. We'll see.

1 Comments:

Blogger qcmier said...

What about Ironman?

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home