Friday, August 03, 2007

Burning River 100 Mile Endurance Run



The day is here. About 175 registered for the inugural BR100. The planning comittee has been on task for about 18 months now and its hard to believe that tomorrow is the race. A live webcast is planned for all to follow the action. The first updates expected by mid-day.

The point-to-point course near Cleveland/Akron, Ohio connects the various local park systems, including the Cleveland Metroparks, Cuyahoga Valley National Park, and Summit County Metroparks. The course's mix of roads, trails, and towpath provides the potential for a fast course.

I'll be at Station Rd. Bridge aid station (M30 & 36) with 25+ volunteers from the Second Sole (Rocky River) running group.

There was a nice feature article in Wednesday's Cleveland Plain Dealer that previews the event.

I heard at the pre-race brief that Sean Andrish is possibly entered. Along with Mark Godale and Kip Brady, the front end of the race appears to be fast. Also, 17 year-old Michael Hayden is here and I heard he's gunning for a Junior National record of some sort.

About 155 runners expected to start. Its going to be warm and muggy with highs in the upper-80s. Just what you'd expect in Ohio in August.

I hope to come home Sunday with some fun stories.

2 Comments:

Blogger Papa Louie said...

It was a great race, at least from the 65 mile mark. I paced Dustin and we had a great time. The volunteers were also great. Who knows I might even try a long run like the buckeye 50K.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lloyd!

Great work at the aid stations. I saw you at Pine Lane (didn't I? I may have been delirious....) unfortunately, that was the last few good miles I had in me, then crashed prior to Happy Days.

Enjoyed your help at Station Road too!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home