Thursday, October 04, 2007

Contest: Guess my marathon time

Hello all,

I recently launched a fundraiser for the Fisher House and I'm kicking it off with a contest for this weekend's Steamtown Marathon.

The Fisher House Foundation helps families of soldiers in need of medical attention by providing lodging and support while the service member is hospitalized. Donating to the Fisher House helps families of military members to be close to a loved one at the most stressful time -- during hospitalization for an illness, disease or injury.

You can learn more about the Fisher House at their website.

The contest is simple. Guess my marathon time at Steamtown. Closest to my actual chip time wins the prize(s.)

Make a guess in hours, minutes, and seconds (H:MM:SS)

My goal is 3:03, my best ever 3:08, and I wouldn't be surprized to run anywhere between 3:00 and 3:20.

I've gathered a nice pool of prizes (see list below.) Top 3 guesses here win a pick from the prize pool. None of the prizes carry significant value, but you can see for yourself. Its good stuff. (Special thanks to the Vertical Runner store for contributions to the prize pool.)

For information to help with your guess, I've included Part 1 and Part 2 of my marathon race history. Click the links to get started.

The entire purpose of this marathon game is to ask for your support for the Fisher House. The mission of the Fisher House is to help families of injured military personnel. I'm asking you for $2.62. Your guess could possibly be the winning guess. Your donation will go directly to the Fisher House.

Entries are due by Saturday night. The race starts at 8am on Sunday morning. Go to my Firstgiving* page to get started. Make your $2.62 donation and don't forget to give me your guess.

Thank you for your gift.

Sincerely,
Lloyd

(* Note: While Firstgiving is a secure and safe way to donate, they do operate at an minimal overhead cost to the user. If you'd prefer to have a complete 100% of your donation go towards the Fisher House, please Contact me by email to arrange alternate delivery of your kind donation.)


Prize pool:
- Ultimate Direction Handheld water bottle
- ASICS running gloves
- Roadrunner mesh running cap
- Assorted technical running shirts (Style and sizes vary)
- Balega running socks (2 pr. Choice of size)
- Steamtown/Scranton related prize TBD (2 prizes)

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

LT... You are going to FLY at Steamtown. Look for the Moose to be there as well. He should be running well after Dayton and Akron. Good Luck and have Fun.

7:48 AM  
Blogger The Salty One said...

If the weather report wasn't so heinous I would definitely predict something faster: 3:02:49. However, I'm going with a 3:07:49. If you are smart early and account for the weather with your pacing I think you can get a pr even with the nasty weather. Go Lloyd!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Lloyd said...

- Thanks Jim! I'm really looking forward to run less roads and more trails.

- Laura, I wish I could pace of you in this race. I think you're right about the weather, but maybe we catch a break.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Papa Louie said...

My guess is 3:16

8:29 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

2:58:13

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home