Monday, April 30, 2007

Week of April 22-28

Sun: Run 18 miles (2:31)
Mon: Run 4 miles; Swim 1400 yards
Tue: 8.5 miles easy
Wed: 5 miles easy
Thur: 8.5 miles; with 3mi @ I-pace (3x1600m)
Fri: rest
Sat: Cycling 7 miles; Swim 2700 yards

Totals:
Run: 44 miles on 5 runs (6h 09m)
Cycling: 7 miles (29m)
Swim: 2.3 miles (1h 28m)

Bitten.

That's how the week went, thanks to a phantom spider bite to my ankle. Trying to put myself in a position to give it a go at next week's Flying Pig, I toughed out a long run just one week after Bull Run. The recovery progressed well.

During Thursday's run, I felt a pinching near the shoe tongue and thought nothing of having to re-tie my shoe several times. Come to find out this was the bite...so it occured sometime Thursday night. The swelling continued through Friday and by the evening the whole ankle grew to baseball size. What did I do to deserve this? Not a huge deal since Friday is my regular off day from running. I retired to sleep very early, for me.

Saturday became a cross-training day.

Just dumb luck, I suppose. I was just getting psyched about possibly running at the Flying Pig Marathon for the third straight year. Possibly running a good one. At least, I have visualized a fast one. Is it possible to fall in love with a running race? If there is such a race, the Pig is the one.

At this writing, I do not know where I stand. The bite is still swollen, yet I am running okay. The doctor said its a normal bite and since there's no alergic reaction that patience is the best medicine. Ugh.

Seven weeks to the Mo.

3 Comments:

Blogger H said...

I really want to do the Pig one day...

normal bite = ankle size of baseball? Hrm.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Papa Louie said...

Let us know if you have any tingling sensations. If you begin to feel stronger you might be able to get that fast race you've been dreaming of. LOL
I hope you're feeling better.

9:47 AM  
Blogger E-Speed said...

bogus! That damn spider! Doesn't he realize pig is this weekend!

High of 78 Sunday, gulp!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home