Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Week of April 1-7

Sun: Run 31.5 miles (trails); Cycling 11 miles
Mon: 3 miles easy
Tue: 6 miles easy, with 6x striders; Cycling 9 miles
Wed: 5 miles easy
Thur: 10 miles (with 4 miles @ T-pace)
Fri: rest
Sat: 4 miles easy

Totals:
Run: 59.5 miles (9 hrs 18 min)
Road cycling: 20 miles (1 hr 20 min)

After the April Fool's 50km, a somewhat easier week. I must have run the 50km too hard, as fatigue lingered in the legs throughout the week. And came the snow. Over a foot of fresh powder snow hampered my weekend plans.

With one week to go to the Bull Run Run 50 Miler, I don't quite feel ready, nor rested. I go into this run with the attitude that its just another long training run and not a race. However possible, my idea is to run the Bull Run "easy" enough to recover relatively quickly in order to continue training. Saturday marks 9 weeks prior to Mohican Trail 100.

I'm looking forward to a long weekend travelling down to Virginia with a couple trail running buddies. Rumor has it they want to hit some of the Massanutten Trail on Sunday, on the way home. Yikes. I just wish to make it through Saturday first!

3 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

Thansk for volunteering this weekend! It is always nice to see a friend out on the course while you are suffering!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Did I miss your Fools FA Report?

Mentally you just need to wrap your head around the race. You know you can do the 50 miler. You can and will finish the race, but that's not the question. This IS however, just a tune up race for Mohican. No need to pour your best effort out there-idea is to get a 50 mile run in, and stay healthy, and test out any stuff you need to do. But you are a pretty competitive guy, and it doesn't seem (to me) very easy for you to give less than 100%.
Good Luck at Bull Run!!! Now I'm wondering which fools you're with for them to want to do a "little run" on MMT. Sheesh.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Tim Looney said...

Good Luck at Bull Run my friend!! I am trying to keep up with all of your training. You continue to inspire.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home