Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snowed in



That day finally came. Its too brutally cold, snowy, and windy to go outside.

Over the cold spell of the past couple weeks, I've toughed it out and managed to run entirely outdoors. Yet tonight was just too wicked. It snowed all day and the winds gusts picked up to 30+mph this evening. Even my normally hardy Tuesday running group cancelled. It was impossible to drive to River.

Tonight's run: 200 meters, about 80 seconds. I tromped down my street in 6+ inches of blowing snow and could have used snowshoes. Into the wind with near white-out conditions, it would have been hard to maintain any sort of steady pace. I made it halfway down my street and turned around.

Considering I ran last week in 0F with -27F windchill and survived, the added element of blowing snow sealed the deal.

I'm snowed in!

2 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

No school for me again! Yay!

Last night, some dude was CROSS COUNTRY SKIING down my STREET! No joke.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Hey, I was out on my cross country skis Tuesday too!! Too bad I broke a pole early!
Maybe that will take the place of my runs Thursday and Friday instead of treadmill running.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home