Saturday, June 30, 2007

Week of June 24-30

Sun: Run 6 miles, Cycle 17 miles
Mon: Cycle 14, Swim about 1100 yd (open water)
Tue: Run 7.5 (with 7x 90 second hill repeats), Cycle 10
Wed: Run 5
Thur: Run 8; with a 2 mile time trial (12:11)
Fri: Rest
Sat: Run 13.5, Cycle 18

Totals:
Run 40 miles
Cycle 59 miles
Swim 1100 yds

Not a bad week. Rejoined the marathon training group and found that I am right there. As with others, my recovery and lack of soreness amazes me too. Well, I best not complain about it!

The groupies did either a 5km race or a 2-mile time trial this week and I joined in. Now about 14 weeks from marathon race day, this was an early season test to determine current fitness. We took our performance and plotted the result on Table 1 of the VDOT Chart to determine training paces for the next phase of training.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim Looney said...

Hey Lloyd - it's good to see that your training is going well. I have been taking it easy for the past few weeks but I have a marathon next weekend. I am just running it as a fun run so we will see how it goes.

It looks like the marathon training group is in good hands. I am a big fan of Jack Daniels.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home