Saturday, July 07, 2007

Week of July 1-7

Sun: Run 10 miles (trails), Cycle 31 miles
Mon: Run 3
Tue: Run 8 (with 8x 90 second hill repeats), Cycle 13
Wed: Run 7, Cycle 27
Thur: Run 9
Fri: Rest
Sat: Run 16

Totals:
Run: 53 miles
Cycle: 71 miles
Swim: 0

Good run mileage and outstanding cycle mileage due to the 4th of July holiday.

With 13 weeks to go, the marathon training group just finished Phase I of the marathon training plan and now heading into Phase II. Next week quality session introduces sets of Interval-pace 800s.

This year's Buckeye Trail 50 km falls two weeks earlier than the traditional day (last Saturday of July) due to accomodating the Burning River 100 Mile race held on August 4-5.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Lloyd what are your plans? Running the BT50K, BR, or Punxy?

I am volunteering at BT, and BR and pacing, and running Punxy.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Lloyd said...

Hi Kim,

Not running BT50K. Volunteering there this weekend.

At Burning River 100, we have the Station Rd Bridge aid station (M30 & 36) early in the day before heading up to Pine Hollow (M74 & 78).

No Punxy this year--heading to the Dances with Dirt.

I posted a race schedule in the sidebar.

I'm not abandoning the trails, but I am going to concentrate on some road races culminating with an October marathon. Depending on how it goes, there might be an ultra after that.

Look forward to seeing you out at the races.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Chef Bill Bailey said...

Looking forward to your Dancing With The Dirt race report. I'm planning a 2008 50 Miler, but I'm not sure what to run.
I may see you on Sat. I'll be the guy running with knives & fire.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home