Thursday, March 08, 2007

Covered Bridge FA 50k

This weekend I'll try my first real long run of the year at the Covered Bridge FA 50k in Youngstown's Mill Creek Park. This Fat Ass event is the spring version of the September YUT-C 50k.

The FA guarantee offers "No fee, no aid, no awards, and no wimps." If you don't bring it, it won't be there.

The weather forecast is favorable with the temperature rising to mid-40s. While I hope the ice completely melts to provide sure footing, I'm bringing the screw shoes just in case.

To those running the local races in town such as the St. Malachi 5 mile and the Shamrock 15km, good luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

Have fun! I hope those rocks aren't too slippery!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Papa Louie said...

Have a great run. Enjoy the scenery too.

4:07 PM  
Blogger JenC said...

Good luck and have fun!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home