Monday, March 05, 2007

World Record

Last weekend at the local running store a few miles from here, 12 men took a shot a breaking the world record for a 24 hour treadmill run. Breaking the old record of 247.xx miles required running faster than a 5:47 per mile pace.

I dropped by the store during the part of the 22nd and 23rd hours. They were well above WR pace and broke the old record near 22:40 into the event. The Woodway treadmills withstood the beating. I witnessed several runners running at better than 12mph. The fastest mile I saw was at 13.5mph (4:28 mile pace!)

Congrats to Team Good River, local post-collegiate running team from Ohio. They smashed the record and finished with 261+ miles, which averages to near 5:30 per mile pace.

Click here for link to the event website.

Pictures, video, and weblog available here.

1 Comments:

Blogger H said...

This is the most I've ever wanted to buy one specific type of treadmill. Great advertisement...

And the runners... Sweet mother mercy! I'm not sure I can even sprint that fast... not even 1/16 a mile and then sit... Wow.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home