Monday, March 24, 2008

Week of March 16-22

Sun: 12.5 miles total, with 11.5 at an marathon pace (7:18/mile) with SERC
Mon: 5 easy (8:32)
Tue: 9 easy (8:25); with 6x strides
Wed: off
Thur: 7 easy (8:04)
Fri: off
Sat: 13.5 easy (8:45)

Total: 47 miles on 5 runs

Another week in the books and once again the weather became the story. A Friday night clipper dropped more than six new inches of powder snow, limiting the planned Saturday 20 miler. With fours weeks to go to Boston, I'm starting to accept that I've haven't had the training season nor am I in shape as like last fall. It's time to lower expectations a little, but to continue training on and run the best Boston Marathon that I can. I'll maintain the goal of bettering my one and only Boston of 3:16.

Training-wise this upcoming week, I plan for a longer set of cruise intervals at T-pace (40 minutes worth) and a weekend long run at the ING Georgia Marathon. This second year marathon in Atlanta supposedly offers a hilly and challenging course, which is just what I need in preparation for Boston. I plan to have fun and run it like a long run. If I negative split or finish fast, I can live with that too.

The reason for the trip is to attend a coaching seminar hosted by the Road Runners Club of America. One of the instructors is an accomplished ultrarunner and coach. I anxiously look forward to learning more about this sport (running) that I've come to enjoy. I hope to take away lessons on how to better convey and inspire adult runners to achieve their goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home