Thursday, February 14, 2008

Reggae Brunch


A frozen Cleveland night would not deter this local tradition. Reggae fans gathered at the Parkview Tavern for the annual Bob Marley birthday reggae brunch. While nine degrees outside, Carlos Jones and the PLUS Band delivered us warm vibrations in a uplifting five hour set.




Reggae Brunch is part of the Cleveland I know and the scene of my first Carlos show 4 years ago. I remember describing my initial PLUS Band experience as one where the body moves to the rythym without even trying. Not exactly sure how many years -- at least a dozen -- that the Parkview has hosted this event, but Carlos mentioned to me last night that this year marks thirty years of playing out in Cleveland. To me, he's as much a local institution as Chief Wahoo.



I snapped a few photos and captured a several video clips, include this one titled, "Leave a trail."



Click below for the rest of the photos and videos. Irie!

A few videos.

3 Comments:

Blogger TonyP said...

Cool stuff.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Meredith murphy said...

happy valentines day lloyd. have a good one :)

11:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I keep meaning to come by and say THANKS! I can't even express the warmth and love I feel from my Cleveland family. Good to know you brother. Keep runnin' runnin'...
Los

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home