Monday, June 18, 2007

I made it!

It's done.

What an outrageous endeavor. One hundred miles, one day. My feet and legs are killing me today.

There's a story to tell, for sure. Bear with me while I put myself back together.

Warm weather, dry trails, and tremendous aid station support made for a great day to run. I'm grateful on this day to share the trail with many talented ultrarunners.

I ran well through about 75 miles before the quads became too sore to run much in the last 20. I succumbed to the painful walk/shuffle mode at the end.

The finish line came a little after 2am Sunday morning, with a final time of 21:16.

10 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

great job out there!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

10:13 AM  
Blogger JenC said...

That is fabulous! I'm so proud of you!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

You are the man.....MohicanMan.

Can't wait to hear about your experience.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Louis said...

Great Job Lloyd! Can't wait to see some pictures. Also curious if you have picked out your next challenge yet.

3:53 AM  
Blogger ErieTom said...

What a fabulous time Lloyd, you rock !!!!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

Way to go Lloyd, you kicked butt! hmmm... at 2am I was on my death march from Grist Mill back to Covered Bridge, lol.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Michigan fool said...

You are my hero. You are also f'ing nuts! What does that make me? CONGRATS!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Adelyn said...

Congrats!!! What a fabulous time :) Can't wait to hear the details

8:20 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Congrats Lloyd! Awesome finish!

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home