Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Day

Happy New Year 2007.

Started the year off with a hangover run. Joined the Cleveland West Road Runners down in the metroparks for 7.5 miles in 62 minutes.

Injury report: After the bursitis cropped up last week, I took an entire week off from running, ending 2006 on a non-running streak. I received a set of stretching exercises aimed at strengthening the hamstrings and legs. The good news: No bursitis pain for several days now, nor any pain during today's run. I'm going to take it easy and monitor the bursitis before increasing the miles. I have a follow-up appointment with the doc at the end of the month.

I attribute this injury to the lack or absence of stretching in my routine. I'm no spring chicken anymore. Is 20 minutes of stretching per day such a high price to pay for good health? Look for more stretching, particularly for the hamstrings, in the new year.

Based on the circumstances, I'm passing on next Saturday's FA 50k. I'm slightly bummed, since I had my sights set to run with a couple guys and gals. Sigh. The important issue is that I get completely healthy before progressing to the high milage.

~
Click here for new race log.

What's new on the blog? Keep on the lookout for new links in the sidebar. The 2007 run log switched over to a fresh new site, while years 2005-06 remain available. The current project is my race log. Its huge, and a work in progress. Its going to take some time to track down all the race reports and get the links just right.

After getting settled into the new year, I look forward to making the 2007 goals.

Ready?

3 Comments:

Blogger Charlie said...

To bad about the 50k. so much to get healthy for in the new year.

Los is an old friend and mentor(as well as Dan and JahRoy). The man is a reckless mountain biker. In his words "Gotta ride, wheel side down".

6:30 PM  
Blogger qcmier said...

Glad the bursitis is going down. Happy New Year!!!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Lloyd said...

Happy New Year, Charlie and Al.

Charlie- when are you playing? I'd love to come see ya.

It just so happens Los, Dan, and Peter are rehearsing over here tonight. :) Listening to the HOB set.

Rock on.

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home