Saturday, September 16, 2006

Lumpia (loom-PEE-ah)

Its not often I cook large meals. Uhh...I'll just say I don't cook often.

But today I made the Filipino side dish, or appetizer, called Lumpia with one of my co-workers. What a chore. Lots of veggies to chop. We made several types, all of which had veggies, except one batch where we made some all-meat lumpias. There is a proper name for these, but I'm not up on my Tagalog or Ilocano. So I just call them the meat lumpias.

But the majority of the lumpias were with some variation of the following ingredients: Chopped garlic, onions, carrots, leeks, cabbage, chicken or pork. Preparation is simple, really. Brown the meat, lightly sautee the chopped veggies, let cool, then roll them up with lumpia wrappers. The final preparation is a pan fry in vegatable oil.

Lumpias are yummy. Its just alot of work. Next time, I'll make a lot more and freeze them for a rainy day.









1 Comments:

Blogger qcmier said...

I'm with andresimp...

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home