Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Long weekend

My high school friend Eric came to town for a long weekend. I pryed myself away from the running shoes and opted to go see some sights I hadn't seen before.

In one short weekend, we made it to the Great Lakes Brewing Co., the Westside Market, Pro Football Hall of Fame, the Beachland Ballroom, Jacobs Field, the West 6th Street Fair for live music, and finally Cedar Point.

Whew! Running took a back seat for one weekend. After Eric left, I got back at it.

Tuesday's run: 9 miles (4 miles tempo) (1:07 total) Workout was 4x1600, with 90 second rests. 1600 splits: 6:21/6:24/6:22/6:22. Great to have Andrew back as I chased him around the track as he did a straight 5mi tempo run.

Wednesday's run: 5 non-descript easy miles in 41:01

A couple random shots here, and I'll post as many as I can on the photo page later on.

--









3 Comments:

Blogger qcmier said...

Ahh nice pictures of some of the finest Cleveland has to offer.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Great pics! I haven't been to Great Lakes Brewery for a while....Mmmmm...gotta get me an Elliot Ness when this IM thing's done! :)

Damn, you are FAST. *jealous* The only 5K I have for this fall is the Karen Nakon Turkey Trot in Avon--such a great race for such a great cause. I will probably be pretty slow this year though, but anything's gotta be better than my time in last year's blustery conditions! Unless I can get some speedwork in after recovery!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Lloyd said...

Yes, the GLBC! Yumm. Had some of the seasonal Oktoberfest this week, but my fav is the Burning River.

Did you know that bartender is Sean Payton, Kona Ironman and 2:32 marathoner?

He know good carbs!

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home