Sunday, September 10, 2006

Quick weekend update

Trips to PA were tremendous. Here's the quick update while I post the reports, pictures, and videos.

Sat- Punxsatawney Groundhog 50km: 4:39, 19th overall. Team Vertical Runner wins the team award. 50km PR by 14min over '05 BT50k

Sun- Erie Marathon at Presque Isle: 3:32:42 (1:48 & 1:44). I started waaay late. A whole 15 minutes after the gun. But thanks to chip timing, it works out. Legs felt sore from the first mile and they remained sore throughout the entire race, but not worse. I surprisingly got stronger after 20 miles. From mile 19 to the finish, I ran along with Kellie T., who dropped my pace down for the last 6 miles. Thanks Kellie.

* special congratulations to our training bud Tara G. (Second Sole Rocky River & Team Good River) for 1st place with a PR 3:08. Huh? This was a training run for her Columbus marathon try in 5 weeks.

Weekend total: 57+ miles in 8:12. Whooo-hoo!

Don't forget to check the roots pics blog.

~
The Punxsatawney Phil


Team VR (post race zombies)


Tara G. (Erie Marathon champ)

4 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

awesome! Looks like fun! Glad VR did so well!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I took a quick glance at Team VR-yeah no wonder you took first place!!!
Kudos on the Presque Isle marathon. I went out for a run today after the Groundhog 50K and took a few miles to convince my quads they were really not made of cement!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Lloyd said...

yeah, my time was 6th best on Team VR...

That's not counting Ron Ross either!

9:53 PM  
Blogger qcmier said...

Nice job at the races this past weekend. I'm not sure how you ultra runners do what you do. I'm in awe.

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home