Friday, October 24, 2008

Running with the Marines



The Marine Corps War Memorial sits atop a hill near the finish line of the Marine Corps Marathon. The monument is but one of many to see along my 26.2 mile tour of Washington, DC on Sunday. Though I will try to run as fast as possible, I won't resist the chance for reflection. I'll think about the servicemen and women who have sacrificed so that I am able to enjoy the freedoms offered to me as an American. Having served 9+ years on active duty, I'll think about those who have come before and after me.

See you at the finish line. My number is #22863.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mindi said...

Good luck!!!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Lloyd....you da man! Great PR run. You should be proud.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Blaine Moore said...

Nice work on your sub-3 this morning. 2:58:33! That ain't walkin'...

3:24 PM  
Blogger The Salty One said...

Congrats Lloyd!! I just saw the results!!!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Great race Lloyd! Congrats on your PR!

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home