Friday, August 04, 2006

This is rootsrunner...

Me, a blog?

I decided to call it rootsrunner. I spend a lot of my free time either running or listening to roots reggae music.

I met Carlos Jones and Peter Platten about 3 years ago and ever since I've been hooked on the sweet, soothing sounds of the roots. There's no shortage of the roots here on the local Cleveland reggae scene. Carlos has been playing out for over 20 years with I-tal, First Light, and now his current band Carlos Jones and the PLUS Band. I've blessed to have known him for just a short while.

Also, I've dedicated a good portion of the past couple years to qualifying and running in the Boston Marathon. In 2005 I finally qualified and in 2006 I ran Boston. I just love running. I dream of running 100 miles someday. Something in my pea-brain is asking me to see how far I can run. We'll see...

Somehow, I'm going to make the connection between running and reggae. The message is there in the air. On somedays, I try to make the two worlds collide--staying out late night for a gig and follow it up with an early morning workout.

Aside from the run blog, I hope to share some of my favorite roots and reggae moments. Where will it take me? Who knows...I'm hoping its irie.

rootsrunner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home